Monday 25 November 2019

IN THE NAME OF FITNESS

                               IN THE NAME OF FITNESS


Uff! In the name of fitness what all I didn’t try. My ears always ready to hear any tidbit about loosing those extra few (yes always a few) pounds. My eyes would come to rest on the 40 + heroines, their sexy outfits clinging to chiselled bodies. I would first google their age and then start stalking them. Their diet, fitness regimen, everything. I would make notes diligently in a diary and follow them religiously. Of course only for a day. It was more like karvachauth ka fast morning would start with enthusiasm and piety but by the evening every breath would wait for the moon to peek above the horizon. By the evening all that salad and coconut water, chia seeds and super foods would just do a disappearing act leaving me craving for that butter naan and butter chicken. 
I started with yoga in a heated room - hot yoga - they promised that the fat would simply melt out of my pores and that its a one way movement, there's no way for it to come back inside. But I realised that even a deep breath would add to my cumulative weight. Hath yoga, Iyengar yoga, power yoga, Patanjali yoga, the choice is daunting. And to top it pilates, TRX, Zumba, Tabata, aerobics, calisthenics, HIIT, strength training and I am sure these will spawn plenty more to keep me bewildered. After much contemplation and consternation I put on my 10000/- ka Adidas jogging shoes and went for a walk. 
And then I discovered the superfoods. Firstly it took me a bit of time to comprehend what would a superfood do- make me Wonder Woman. Goji berries, avocado, kale, oats, quinoa, blue berries, broccoli the names daunting and taste wanting , not pocket friendly either! Guess being Wonder Woman was going to be an expensive affair. A week's purchase burnt a hole, the size of a melon, in my pocket and made me google Indian superfoods. Desi ghee, turmeric, jowar and bajra, amla, Dalia,coconut, makhanaas. Now we were talking! It was time to stitch that hole back.
After much google research I realised that the best fitness is when all the love, blessings, goodwill and peace fit together in your life. Its the ability to be gentle and good to oneself and to others. Staying healthy , happy and humble should not be a battle but an integral part of our journey. After all we have but one life to live (even if you believe in the karmic cycle you don’t know what you will be in your next life. There are no carry forwards darling)! 

3 comments:

  1. Surely mam..life is precious n we must enjoy each n every moment of our life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely mam life is precious ...n we must enjoy each n every moment of life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes monica it is. Live it to the full come what may.

    ReplyDelete