Wednesday 9 January 2019

HAIR TODAY

ITS RED!!


Yesterday I took the plunge and accepted the dare my children had posed to me. They had been very keen that I get something done to my hair and get a tattoo. The latter is still in the pipeline and I haven't taken a call on it but the first one is a done deed!
Yes I got red highlights done on my hair. I chose the colour not just because its one of my favourite colours but also because it denotes vibrancy and freshness. Its the colour of energy, its the colour of rejuvenation, its the colour of our life blood, its the colour of positivity and in some cultures including Indian its auspicious.
I am at that stage in my life where I am secure in my status and my positioning - both familial and professional. I have nothing to prove to anyone anymore. Those who matter know me by now. Those who don't - well can't waste any more of my precious time on bringing them to my side. Now is the time for me to internalise my thoughts and externalise my personal goals and run after them.
My hair job is just a reminder to myself that its ok to want certain things in life which might not be widely acceptable and may be going against the expected modes of conduct. As long as I am not advertently harming anyone its good to be ME!
Its time to give a fresh start to old buried dreams with my flaming hair trailing behind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment